Members of Ibn Haldun University can borrow books and similar resources and audio-visual resources or use them in the Library. If the books in the main collection are not requested by another user, its loan period may be extended 9 times.
The resources in the reservation collection are indicated in the electronic catalog by “Reserved”. “Reserved” resources can be borrowed for 3 hours. The last issues of newspapers and journals and their reference sources cannot be borrowed.
Books and other library resources can be borrowed for different periods depending on the type of users. Ibn Haldun University Library has various types of users. The number of sources and the duration of borrowing for each type of user are given below:
|User Category||Number of Books||Loan Period||Number of Renewals|
|Undergraduate Students||3 pieces||15 days||9 times|
|Graduate Students||5 pieces||15 days||9 times|
|Ph.D. Student||7 pieces||30 days||9 times|
|Academic Staff (Full time)||10 pieces||30 days||9 times|
|IHU Alumni||3 pieces||15 days||9 times|
|ILL* (Istanbul)||10 pieces||15 days||1 time|
|ILL* (Outside Istanbul)||10 pieces||21 days||1 time|
* Interlibrary Loan
- For the resources registered in the main collection, a penalty of 1 ₺ is charged per day.
- For the resources registered to the reservation collection, a penalty of 1 ₺ is charged per hour.
- For the resources registered in the audiovisual collection, a penalty of 1 ₺ is charged per day.
- The delayed fee has to be paid to the accounting manager.
- The payment receipt has to be handed over to the Library.
- The user is obliged to show the university identity card during borrowing procedure.
- The borrowed information source should be returned on the day.
- Users can extend the loan period over the Internet.
- There is no extension by phone.
- The Library expects all kinds of recommendations. You can submit your comments and suggestions at the suggestions page at email@example.com or drop it in the suggestion box at the entrance of the Library.